Today is Thursday, 12th January 2017

Archive for the ‘SOA’ Category

SOAP Message Logging in GlassFish v2 and v3

I found a very nifty feature of GlassFish. You can configure GlassFish to log the contents of a SOAP request and response. I have found this to be very useful during development/debugging of Web Services. There is a different configuration parameter depending on which version of GlassFish you are using.

GlassFish 3

This configuration is very simple. Edit your domain config file, in my case, domains/domain1/config/domain.xml. Add the following entry in the java-config section:

<!-- Setup SOAP messaging logging -->
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.metro.soap.dump=true</jvm-options>

GlassFish 2

A similar config is available for GlassFish 2. Edit your domain config file, in my case, domains/domain1/config/domain.xml. Add the following entry in the java-config section:

<!-- Setup SOAP messaging logging -->
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.xml.ws.assembler.server=true</jvm-options>

I hope you find this tip useful 🙂

Share


My Bookshelf: SOA, Spring, Hibernate, GWT, TDD/JUnit, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration

Here’s a snapshot of my bookshelf. Just a snippet of a much larger library. Nice collection of books on SOA, Spring, Hibernate, GWT, TDD/JUnit, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration

Share


wsimport problem: Found an answer

I was having problems using wsimport to generate SOAP clients from a wsdl. For a certain WSDL file, I kept getting the error:

[ERROR] A class/interface with the same name “xxxx” is already in use. Use a class customization to resolve this conflict.

I was stumped on this for a bit. StackOverflow saved the day! An answer was posted here that fits my exact problem.

The solution is to use “-B-XautoNameResolution” in your wsimport command. Worked like a charm 🙂  Sweet!

Share